If spiralling litigation costs or uncertainty about the outcome become an issue, mediation is always an option. Peaceful Solutions has a proven track record in bringing resolution even when the issues are complex and entrenched.
Mediation is a process that helps parties to a dispute make agreements and find settlement without having a judgement imposed on them in a court. Mediation is confidential, voluntary and flexible. By agreeing to mediate, you retain control of the outcome. The process does not start or continue without the parties’ agreement so you can control costs, and stop the process at any time without a decision being bound upon you.
Mediation can be used in a wide range of civil and commercial disputes that might otherwise end up in court including:
- Breach of contract
- Commercial disputes
- Provision of goods and services
- Breach of trust
- Family Businesses
- Charity and non-profit conflict
- Partnership problems
- Boundary and neighbour disputes
- Building works
- Workplace and employment
- Complaints handling
- Disputes with statutory agencies
- Issues with social landlords
- Personal injury
- Clinical and professional negligence
Peaceful Solutions has a panel of expert mediators ready to listen to your issues or needs. View our panel of mediators.
In civil and commercial mediation you can take your solicitor or legal adviser along with you to the mediation. This can help remedy an imbalance of power, and give you more confidence when negotiating.
Mediation can be a cost effective and rational solution to ongoing disputes you may face. We have an 80% success rate of cases which complete the mediation process.
Peaceful Solutions are accredited and registered with the Civil Mediation Council.
Email us now or call David to talk your situation through
What does it cost?
Employment, Workplace, Family and Community Cases are charged by arrangement with the referrer. We can work an hourly rate, a fixed fee or as a contracted service provider depending on the brief and the requirement.
We have a range of specialist, qualified mediators.
As a rough guide, here is a break-down of the process and fees. This gives you an idea of the cost you are likely to incur in relation to your claim value.
- Free 30 minute telephone assessment after which we will make a recommendation and send a proposal.
- Registration fee of £300 per party to cover administration.
- Fee for reading the case documents and position statements in advance of the mediation is £150 per party
- Room hire for up 8 people in the room at our consulting rooms in Kensal Rise £75 per hour per party. Other meeting rooms or travelling to your venue is by arrangement including work outside the UK.
- Mediation sessions are charged at £150 per hour per party
- We can also organise mediation by telephone and by video conferencing which removes the venue hire cost
The above fees are based on single claimant / defendant disputes. If there is more than one claimant and / or defendant the length of the mediation session may need to be increased, and the next fee tariff applied – the mediation organisation or mediator will discuss this matter with you when organising the mediation.