Please find out more about them by clicking on these links, and contact us if you would like one of the places.
We’re really proud of our training courses and we consistently receive exceptional feedback. Since 2005 we have trained over 2000 people from all walks of life. We take great care to ensure each course is a joyful way to learn and practice enhanced ways of communicating. We really know our subject inside out – what we teach has been tried and tested by us in highly challenging situations so we know it works.
We are passionate about sharing the knowledge and we’re interested in what you want to do with the skills and knowledge so we will help you to develop and make progress. Each training responds moment by moment to the feedback we receive and is never formulaic. It is of paramount importance to us that every participant acquires tools that will be directly helpful to their particular situation so we contextualise the content to address the situations that matter most to the group.
Who is our training for?
- Individuals seeking to improve communication with their loved ones
- Parents seeking cooperation from their children
- Professionals dealing with clients who are in conflict, trauma, distress or crisis
- Leaders who are required to address conflict in their team
- Front line workers wanting better outcomes with their service users
- Consultants and practitioners who want to know how to resolve conflict
- HR personnel wanting to prevent conflict escalation
- Customer Service personnel who are required to resolve complaints
- People who want to mediate disputes
- Experienced Mediators wanting to hone skills
Just take a look at some of the feedback:
“Immediately after the training I called my daughter who had refused to speak to me for over ten years and she agreed to come over”
Elderly community member
“I used the Dialogue Road Map in a mediation and it changed the whole atmosphere”
“When I used the Dialogue Road Map with an angry inmate he came back the next day and asked what I did because he said he felt calmer”
Prisoner trained as a mediator
Dialogue Road Map
The Dialogue Road Map is our unique communications tool.
This is our most popular course. Over 2000 people have participated from all walks of life including business owners, directors, executives, lawyers, judges, prison officers, teachers, prisoners, ex-offenders, families, pupils, gang members, police officers, healers, doctors, neighbours, civil servants, mediators, counsellors….all ordinary people who want to know more about conflict and how to resolve it. Everyone leaves with skills that can transform communication both personally and professionally. Maria created the Dialogue Road Map and along with husband David demonstrates how they use the Dialogue Road Map as mediators, practitioners and within their own marriage.
Click the button below to hear more about the course from David Ellis.
Why not set up a time to discuss whether this course is for you?
Email or call David for a ‘no-obligation’, ‘no pressure’ conversation
Mediation Training; Skills and Theory
With Maria Arpa & David Ellis
Discover the skill and tool of mediation and be the bridge between; colleagues, neighbours, litigants, friends and family members
This is a 6 day course in 2 x 3 day modules
No dates yet – check back later or get in contact
Venue: London (near Willesden Junction Station)
Download the training flyer here
We are now accepting bookings, please email or call to enquire or book your place
This course explains why people fight, why fights escalate and why escalation turns people into enemies. You will learn how to transform disputing behaviour into collaborative agreements.
On completion of this training you will:
- Understand mediation and the role of the mediator
- Know how to engage and work with parties who seem intractable
- Take account of how your own thinking can escalate or de-escalate conflict
- Have a selection of tools and techniques for managing the mediation process
- Be ready to empower a person to find solutions even when they seem to be entrenched
During the training you will:
- Learn and practice the 5 components of the Dialogue Road Map
- Learn and practice the 7 stages of the mediation process
- Use empathy to de-escalate aggression
- Understand how people in conflict behave and what lies beneath the behaviour
- Experience how impartiality and empowerment work
- Find out how to prepare disputants to mediate and deal with conflict more effectively
- Discover your compassionate self in a heated dispute both personally and professionally
Is this right for you?
This training is a big decision and we want you to make the right choice to get what you need for your situation. Call us to discuss your needs. At the end of the conversation you will be able to decide whether this course is for you or we can signpost you in the right direction.
At Peaceful Solutions we have been mediating conflict and training mediators for over ten years. We know from experience that the source and solution to every conflict is communication. This training will give you the tools for managing conflict both personally and professionally. It will help you develop the insight to recognise the issues that lead to dysfunctional communication.
Where this training differs from others training is that we teach you how to use mediation, nonviolent communication and conflict resolution both personally and professionally and we work on engagement of the parties throughout the process.
- You are invited to participate, ask questions and give feedback as we go
- The training is intended to stretch you.
- We challenge commonly held views.
On completing this training you will have the skills to help yourself and others in conflict.